Capital of Light and Perfume:
Located close to Paris and the Loire Valley, Chartres enjoys international renown, thanks to its cathedral- a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The sparkle of its unique ensemble of stained-glass windows preserved from the 13th century, the exceptional diversity of its historical interest, the Festivals of Light and Perfume and its multitude of beauty spectacles, all located in the very heart of the Cosmetic Valley, have made Chartres the Capital of Light and Perfume. Its historical, picturesque and preserved districts, its mounds tumbling towards the banks of the Eure, it’s the ancient churches and the rich collections of its museums that urge us to wander and relax. Finally, the presence of many shops and artisans of art, combined with the richness of the festivities that bloom all the year, make Chartres a city full of liveliness and joy.
To find out more, visit the Tourist Office and Chartres en Lumières websites.
L’Hôtel is situated:
- 10 minutes by walk from the cathedral,
- a few steps away from the “Feel Sport” sports club with fitness machines, various fitness classes, a hammam and a sauna,
- 200 m from the Grand Monarque SPA,
- 5 minutes by walk from Wednesday and Saturday markets (fruits and vegetables, clothes, flowers…),
- a few minutes from the Centre International du Vitrail,
- 2 km from the park “La Petite Venise” offering walks in pedal boats, canoes and boats. This park also has a mini-golf course and an animal park with goats, rabbits and peacocks as well as an aviary with duck, geese, chickens and pheasants and a playground for children,
- 10mn by car from the pool complex “L’odyssée” offering an olympic swimming pool, slides, a crosscurrent river, a diving pit and a skating-rink,
- 11 km from a sailing center.
Ever rode a hot-air balloon? Then it’s time to ride one! Air baptisms are available just 18 and 21 km from Chartres.
2 extra golf courses are located 22 and 29 km respectively from the city center.
If you want to discover the gastronomy and some products of the region, eat at L’Écume Restaurant (on property).